Erstwhile Muse

Nov 6, 2006

Remember, remember...

Ok, so I forgot...

Which is somewhat surprising given that I woke up Sunday morning to someone on NPR chanting

Remember, remember the fifth of November,
The Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why the gunpowder treason
should ever be forgot.
Now if it had still been the BBC World Service playing, I could have been slightly forgiven for tuning out the information in the early morning return to a beta state. But this was NPR, quite obviously taking the easy pop culture hook as a catch between segments.

It's even more disappointing given how much of a collosally boring waste my Sunday was otherwise. Had I known it was going to turn out the way it had, I would have gone out in search of a decently priced copy of V for Vendetta in rememberance.

Ah well...the best I can do now I suppose is pass on the latest VG Cats comic, which segues rather nicely (and brought me much mirth to boot):

VG Cats Comic

The enjoyment here of course is two-fold. On the one hand we have Leo in rare idiot savant form, where he usually tends to be his most amusing. The Halloween themed take on the alliteration speech from V is still making me chuckle. Plus, the guy handing out candy dressed up in the Vault Boy mask (not the Pip Boy, as many Fallout fans mistakenly refer to him) is simply too cool for words in my book.

Hmm...I may have to go digging through the art files for Fallout again, scrounge up some pics of the Alien Blaster. I may very well have a costume idea for next year already...

Labels: ,

Random Photo

Radio Free Kingboy

Mobile Musings

Links

Markup Gurus

Friends and Neighbors

Points of Interest

Webcomics

Archives

By Topic

By Date

Ubiquitous Buttons