Erstwhile Muse

Oct 13, 2003

An Improbability Factor of 220,000:1 Against

or Hairless Monkeys and their Typewriters

So thanks to one of Cory Doctorow's posts over at BoingBoing I am now familiar with the concept of National Novel Writing Month, where the goal is to write, soley during the month of November, a novel of at least 50,000 words. Altogether this sounds like an interesting writing experiment and a good bit of practice, but I do have to say I have a few reservations about the whole thing. It just seems as if the whole process could be a spawning ground for amazingly horrendous fanfics and other abject dorkiness.

The other major problem of course is what to write if I were to participate so as not to end up in that sort of situation. Or for that matter, what to write about at all. I've given it some passing thought over the past few days and have yet to come up with anything that excites me enough to come up with that many pages of text, or at least keep my interest for the month in order to give it a try.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Random Photo

Radio Free Kingboy

Mobile Musings

Links

Markup Gurus

Friends and Neighbors

Points of Interest

Webcomics

Archives

By Topic

By Date

Ubiquitous Buttons